Monday, February 27, 2012

Norm's Sewing Studio


To the observer looking in, this looks like an unorganized mess.  However, this is the place where music fills the air, the daylight lights brightly discern the true colors for the fabrics, the family pictures, statues and photos hang, the sewing machines hum, the creative thoughts flow, and Norman spends his sewing time and spare time with every pile and box having a significant part of the whole.
     I have sewn as long as I can remember.  In a rural county school in Iowa, I learned to do embroidery, spool knit, crochet, and knit. So in this room currently there are five quilts, three shirts, and a blouse in progress with several other project and quilts lying in wait for maturity.  There are also three sweaters, a pair of socks and a scarf in various stages of completion in knitting with others awaiting a beginning date.
     Some of the big projects of my life time in addition to quilts are, the making of my daughter-in-laws wedding dress, a tuxedo for my son, several brides maid dresses, prom dresses, shirts, dress pants and suits.  Also I have exhibited some of my work at the Alaska State Fair.  Since the year 2000, it has been my goal to read 20 books a year and I have exceeded that goal each year.  Oh, by the way my cutting table and ironing board are in the hall. 
     My ambition is to do good work.  I like to do the best I can possibly do, thus I do not hurry and my sewing room is always relaxed.  Happy Sewing!  Norman



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Norm! It does look very chaotic, but it also looks like the reason for the chaos is that things are getting done!

    ReplyDelete