Monday, February 20, 2012

Janis' Sewing Studio


Hi, this is Janis' Sewing Space.
  It is not very big, but it has a great view. I love to watch the snow fall out this window or watch the wild life in the summer, although I don't sew as much in the summer. 


  I love sewing on my Bernina 730, and have a hard time deciding whether to embroider or sew these days. :)  



  On the right of the picture is my stack of plastic containers which hold my stash of fabrics. I have been collecting for years. Also one of them contain pieced quilts, that just need the finishing touches. I always have such a choice as to which one I would like to work on. Not counting the new projects I find to do.

  Above my sewing station on the top shelf , is my collection of quilt books. And to the left,  some projects yet to be started,  hanging in very large ziplock bags.  Under the machine are some containers that hold my buttons, and notions. 


  The fall kitty quilt I made a few years ago, just adding a little machine quilting too.
  I share this space with a lot of other things like my food pantry, my husbands bullet loading station and winter gear . As you can see it is quite full. But I do take up this whole side of the room.
 I do most of my cutting in my kitchen, where we have a large counter that works quite well and is very well lit.
 Thanks for looking!
 Janis




1 comment:

  1. What a lovely little space you have, Janis! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete