Monday, January 23, 2012

Maret's Sewing Studio



Cutting & Ironing station
Welcome to my sewing studio!  I am fortunate that I have a 20'x30' addition to my home that is just for me!  Usually I have creative clutter everywhere, but when Enjoli said that my turn was next...I did some major cleaning and organizing! 

There is a dividing wall that separates the sewing spaces.  One side of the dividing wall has my stash and a lot of UFO's and the other side is a design wall. I used a large piece of batting and then framed it with painted molding to create the design wall.

I have a Gammill long arm quilting machine set up on one side of the room. This is a wonderful machine!  On the other side of the sewing room I have my machines set up.  I own an 830 Limited Edition, a Bernina 380 and an old 801 Bernina.  I also have a serger 1150 that just didn't make it in the picture. 

My cutting and ironing area is a kitchen counter on top of two drawer sets.  I have one side layered with batting and muslin which makes a great ironing board and the other half is the cutting area.  Underneath the curtain is additional storage.  The pink locker unit is home to my knitting supplies and yarn. 


Design wall and gas stove..ohhh!!

Sewing station and book stash



There is plenty of space and work stations so my girls can come up for sewing days!  The wood floor allows for easy clean up and the gas stove is perfect for keeping toasty! 
Thanks for visiting!

PS...It really is that clean!  No piles of fabric had to be moved for the photos!  Ask me again next week and I might not have the same answer!
A Bernina 801 and its newer version the Bernina 830LE


3 comments:

  1. You are one lucky girl, your space is my dream space!!! I love the red Bernina chair...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome space...fun to see your creative world.

    ReplyDelete