Monday, May 21, 2012

My Favs - Angelyn

Okay SLH Fans.. this week our featured Team Member is Angelyn! Here is what she has to say about her "Favs": 

1. What is your favorite sewing/quilting book?

OH GEEZ. My favorite? Well for all around fun quilts, my favorite book is probably "Dare to be Square" by Boo Davis. But right now i'm also sucked into the Colette Sewing Handbook and Carol Doaks Mariners Compass Stars paperpiecing book! But as my sister and Sara would tell you, I own just about every "Art to Heart" book that was ever made. I think i maybe have made one or two projects from the 15 or so books i have, but I LOVE THEM, and i just tend to collect them.  One day I will get to all the fun projects those books hold!  TOO MANY BOOKS TO LOVE!!

2.What is your favorite sewing notion?

Umm...beside my seam ripper. :) Well lets see, Honestly my one notion I couldn't live without is a 4" pair of Omnigrid needlecraft scissors. I  use them for everything from snipping threads to pulling off paperpiecing paper. And they are still sharp despite being dropped repeatedly into my floor ( which they stick straight up out of)

3. What is your favorite sewing foot?
OH man... well 90% of the time I use my (AMAZING) 1/4" patchwork foot for piecing, but I also love my #10 edgestitch foot(which is great for topstitching and closing seams when you turn things) But the one foot that I think is the all time coolest is the #18 button sew on foot (thank you Bernina) It makes it possible to sew buttons onto anything using your machine!!

4. What is your favorite hand/machine sewing thread?
So, I have to a agree with my sister and say Prececia and Aurifil are by far the best piecing threads. I may be bias but you will not find a better thread for piecing than either of those. BUT...my mom just decided to bring in King Tut by Superior Threads...and all I could say when it came in was...aww crap. :)

5.What is your favorite sewing blog?

Seriously? Favorite as in singular favorite...hahaha! ok. 1. "Oh, Fransson" by Elizabeth Hartman, 2."Make it and Love it", 3. "Artisania"- by Sonja Callaghan ( ok, if you like paper piecing, you will LOVE her blog, she is amazing. Her patterns are amazing) and there are many more but my list would go on and on and on and on...well you get the point.

And don't forget..leave a comment here before next Monday and you could win a $25 giftcard to the store! Have fun and we look forward to seeing what your "Favs" are!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't even realize you all had a blog until I saw this link on facebook! I just spent the last hour reading back into all the older ones too! You ladies are all so talented! Seams Like Home is one of my favorite places to stop in in Anchorage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    Thanks for leaving a comment.. as you are the only one you are this weeks WINNER!! YAY Congrats! Come into the store to pick up your gift certificate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! I'm out of town right now can I send my mom to pick it up for me? Her name is Judy Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Sorry I didn't catch this earlier..if she has not come by yet, she most certainly can pick it up for you! :) I will double check to see if its still in the hold box for you!

      Delete
  4. MIssed another great opportunity, geez, I'm always late. Love your 1st and 2nd favorite blogs though. I'll be checking out the 3rd on your list too. Networking is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great I'll send her in. She should be back from Texas next week!

    ReplyDelete