Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jenni's Sewing Studio aka "Mom's Sweat Shop"


Welcome to my sweat shop!  To many people I would imagine this space is merely a spare room full of stuff.  To my daughters and me…it’s where dreams are designed and made into reality!    Sort of…sew like you have never sewn before girls!!!!  

Many evenings are spent in our little ‘sweat shop’.  In this room, anything is possible.  I chose the spare room next to the playroom in our house, so I could be near the kiddos.  However, it has turned into so much more…  It’s a special place where my daughters and I enjoy  sewing, designing, creating, watching Netflix, sharing school day drama, helping with reports, crafts for scouting badges, science fairs, and so much more…. WHEW!  So much going on in an 9’x12’ space, it can be organized chaos at times. Maybe even a little disorganized.  Whether we are designing, creating, cutting, storing, we all have our little stations.


What’s the best part about my studio?  Besides sharing it my talented girls? And sewing on a FABULOUS 635 LE E?  My pegboard wall…  Yup..  Thanks Hubby!!!!   With the peg board, I am able to stay organized and keep my tools handy.  I like having a place for everything.  I try to keep my fabrics coordinated in color/pattern schemes so I can visualize using them in future projects.  Most of them are kept in the closet.  I try to keep the current projects visible…otherwise; I tend to get a case of creative distraction disorder!  I find the fabric organizer cards are a great way to stay organized and keep coordinates together!!  Seams Like Home has them now and they are GREAT! 



My daughters each have their own space to dream, design, and create.  My youngest is more into painting (check out her latest artwork on my pegboard wall), fabric art and designing (she is currently designing jackets for our fur babies!).  Meanwhile, my oldest likes to create gifts (personally embroidered scarves, knitted hats, and much more) for her friends, apparel for herself, and her American Girl Doll.


Their space was created with a shelf and storage bins.  It’s versatile and able to be moved when the room needs to be used as a guest area.  


The Cutting Table is our workspace hub.  Drawing out scrapbook designs, working on a valentine’s day boxes, or cutting out the pattern for a table runner for grandma~ it all happens right here.  Each of my daughters has a chair to sit, help, or just hang out and chat with me while I work.  
I wouldn’t have it any other way!!!


Any Room can be a sewing room.  But, it takes a lot of love and creativity to have a sweat shop like mine!  I hope you enjoyed a peek into our creative world…  Happy Sewing!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment