Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Debby's Sewing Studio

Welcome to my sewing room!

As long as I can remember I have wanted a room that was mostly a sewing room.  As many of you know, having children in a home, and moving lots of times, do not lend themselves to space set aside for sewing.  So I am really excited now to have my own creative space!  I do still share it with the computer and office stuff, but that's ok since the computer is a great place to look for quilt patterns and sewing tutorials and you tube videos on binding techniques.

The room has been a work in progress, with the shelves on the wall being the most recent addition.  Lots of projects in varies stages there.  And room for more fabric... My dad helped me build the sewing cabinet years ago, specially planned with a place for cutting mats and rulers, and the top for cutting.   

I have use of half of the closet and have mounted batting and a layer of flannel on one of the doors for a design wall.  That is currently displaying an 'over-due' graduation gift with photo transfers. 

Having the bulletin board area above my sewing machine is really handy, so that I can look at pattern directions while I am working.  Otherwise, they seem to slide away under the table or behind a shelf... And I like to have special things around me that remind me of family and friends – photos and handmade gifts. 

I am so enjoying my job at Seams Like Home!  I love to help choose fabrics and plan quilts, or other sewing projects.  And teaching classes is awesome!  All in all, I get to do the things I love to do and help others develop their confidence and creativity too!  How fun is that!

Debby




No comments:

Post a Comment